Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Inspirational Book


I love teapots and teacups and taking tea. Usually tea shops have a small section filled with wonderful treasures. At one of these shops, I found just such a treasure. The book is titled Shelley Chintz by Kelly L. Moran, and is filled with photographs of chintz teacups, saucers, teapots of every description. But, the real treat is the photographs of some of the original drawings of patterns from the Shelley Pattern Books at Royal Doulton.

Leafing through the book fills my head with ideas, and I can't help but dream of elegant tea rooms, the fragrance of tea brewing, and little shops filled with tea accouterments, and how I might go about painting a chintz teapot still life.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Jeanne, I loved painting with you years ago (1994) and hope to do so again in the near future. Aside from painting we have a few things in common - I love teacups and vintage china almost as much as I love painting. Your paintings are wonderful, hope to see more.

Victorian Roses and Lace

This is one of my favorite tags.  Victorian Roses and Lace lends charm and beauty to any gift.  Why adorn your packages with just any tag...