Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Love Hydrangeas

Soon I will buy my annual hydrangea bush for the yard.  I don't seem to have much luck growing them here in Northern Colorado from one year to the next.  Since growing them is a challange for me, I can paint them from pictures I have taken, arrangements, or use artificial hydrangeas as my model.  I also like to browse through a book I purchased several years ago.  It is titled, Hydrangeas, by Darla Price Bowman.  There are photos of hydrangeas in every setting and a variety of species.  The photography is well done.  The text offers hydrangea legends and lore, "explores the mysteries of hyrangeas' color", and gives details on how to dry hydrangeas for bouquets.

You may find this book and others to be your inspiration for your next hydrangea painting.  I am in a "hydrangea frame of mind" and there is a painting taking shape!  I am getting ready to decorate for spring....7 more days!

No comments:

Victorian Roses and Lace

This is one of my favorite tags.  Victorian Roses and Lace lends charm and beauty to any gift.  Why adorn your packages with just any tag...